MSP Foundation Flash Cards
Free Managing successful Programmes (MSP) Foundation flash cards which assist you in remembering key terms in relation to the exam preparation. Key terminologies are hard to remember, these flash cards are handy to prepare yourself prior the exams. Keep using them till you are 100% confident over the key concepts.
3 baselines for programme information
1. Boundary - direct & scope of programme 2. Governance - standards & frameworks 3. Management - used to manage delivery of the programme
Leadership and stakeholder engagement
4 validation tests for a benefit (DOAM)
Description, Observable outcomes, Attribution, Measurement
focus on benefits and threat to them
1. Remaining aligned with corporate strategy 2. Leading change 3. Envisioning and communicating a better future 4. Focusing on the benefits and threats to them 5. Adding value 6. Designing and delivering a coherent capability 7. Learning from experience
8th Governance Theme? - 4 steps
Risk and issue management
1. Programme organization 2. Vision 3. Leadership and stakeholder engagement 4. Benefits management 5. Blueprint design and delivery 6. Planning and control 7. The business case 8. Risk and issue management 9. Quality and assurance management
Quality and assurance management
A new operational state acheived after transition of the capability into live operations
Any individual, group or organization that can affect, be affected by, or perceive itself to be affected by, a programme
A vision is a picture of a _____________________
Advice and guidance on roles and responsibilities within the programme team is done by
leading change, align to corporate strategy, envsioning and communicating the future, focus on benefits and threat to them, learning from experience, designing and deliverying a coherent capability, adding value
The measurable improvement resulting from an outcome perceived as an advantage by one or more stakeholders, which contributes towards one or more organizational objectives
First 4 Governance Themes
Programme Organization, Vision, Stakeholder Engagement, Benefit Management
first theme of MSP Governance
Focused on the ‘how’ and the ‘when’ is management or leadership
Issue Management Cycle - 5 steps
1. Capture 2. Examine 3. Propose course of action 4. Decide 5. Implement
Blueprint design and delivery, Planning and Control, Business Case, Risk and Issue Management, Quality and Assurance Management
Processes and Policies, Organization, Technology and Infrastructure and Management Information
Programme Management aligns 3 critical organizational elements
1. Corporate strategy 2. Delivery mechanisms for change 3. Business-as-usual environment
The totality of features and inherent or assigned characteristics of a product, person, process, service and/or system that bears on its ability to show that it meets expectations or stated needs, requirements or specification
Risk Management Cycle - 4 steps
1. Identify 2, Assess 3. Plan 4. Implement
Scope of Programme Quality (8 areas)
1. Communications management 2. Supply Chain management 3.Standards management 4. Process management 5. Information management 6. Asset management 7. Programme leadership 8.People management
SRO has access to and credibility with key stakeholders. (T/F)
Successful programme organization requires (3 things)?
1. Defined Roles 2. Clear Accountabilities and Responsibilities for each role 3. Management Structures and Reporting arrangements
A model of the future organization, its working practices and processes, the information it requires and the technology that supports its operations
The characteristics of the MSP principles are
Universal Self-validating Empowering
The programme brief defines...
The outline vision, expected benefits, estimates of costs, timescales and risks
The programme brief is created during...
The programme plan is developed during...
The vision statement is... ?
The outward-facing description of the future state following programme delivery
Transformation flow process that has lessons learned
vision led, emergent, compliance
What is programme management?
The action of carrying out the coordinated organization, direction and implementation of a dossier of projects and transformation activities to achieve outcomes and realize benefits of strategic importance to the business
When the work on the vision statement should begin
Program Mandate confirmed and SRO appointed
Which phase confirms the program mandate?