AGILE SCRUM MASTER CERTIFICATION®
The EXIN Agile Scrum Foundation is a certification provided by the EXIN certification and accreditation body to validate a professional’s blended knowledge in Agile methodologies and Scrum practices.
In this course, the benefits and practices of Agile frameworks, in general, and Scrum in particular will be explored. Topics include working together successfully with Agile to achieve the objectives set by the customer. The course covers the Scrum practices regarding cross-functional and self-managed teams, producing a working deliverable at the end of each iteration or sprint. .
*There is no special prerequisite for Foundation but should successfully complete an EXIN Accredited Agile Scrum Master Training is mandatory.
- Over 15 years in IT project management experience
- Certified in Prince2, Prince2 Agile, MSP, ITIL, Agile Scrum Master, Agile Product Owner and PSM I
- Currently working as a Senior Project manager Trainer
- Trained hundreds of delegates to pass; Prince2, Prince2 Agile, MSP, CSM, Agile Scrum Master and Agile Product Owner.
- Been a consultant for national and international companies within UK
- BSc Hons, MSc in Computing
This scrum master course will involve both practical and theory-based studying.
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- Agile and Scrum concepts including the “Agile way of thinking”
- What it means to have a Cross-Functional Team
- What self-organization means and how project management is shared
- The limits of a Scrum Team
- How to scale to larger teams using both Scrum-of-Scrums and SAFe framework
- How to use the Product Backlog in a scaled environment
- How to manage issues, bugs and informing people outside of the team
- Commonly used tracking methods (Burn-Down Chart, Velocity,…)
- How to create Information Radiators, how to interpret them and how to act on the results
- Identifying impediments, deviations, roadblocks and other obstacles that influence the progress positively and negatively
- How to calculate the ROI (Return on Investment)
- How to Recognize errors in estimation
- How to guide a planning session, with and without Planning Poker
- When and how to estimate using Story Points, Ideal Hours and Ideal Days
- The role of the Scrum Master in all the planning moments: Roadmap, Release and Sprint planning
- How to maintain the Backlog and how to add Backlog items
- Creating and recognizing good user stories
- Why a good Definition of Done is so important
- All roles within the Scrum Framework
- How to coach and challenge the team
- When and how to mediate through conflict
- Which tools to use to facilitate the team
- Which solutions are suitable for solving problems
- Which tasks and responsibilities belong to the Scrum Master role
|Delivery||Online or Paper based|
|Proctoring||Web proctored / In-class proctored / Test Center|
|# of questions||40, simple multiple choice|
|Pass Grade||65% (26 out of 40)|
Agile Scrum Master
Course Delivery OPTIONS (Foundation)
|Physical Classroom||Virtual Class||Individual Virtual Class||E-learning|
|Location in Qatar||Dedicated Online Tutor||Dedicated Online Tutor||Self Paced Learning|
|16 Hours||40 Hours||40 Hours||1 year|
|-2 days session||-20 sessions||Agreed Pre-booked sessions||24/7 from Registration|
The EXIN Agile Scrum Master certification validates participants’ skills and knowledge of the Agile framework and Scrum methodology.
Agile Scrum is about working together to successfully reach a goal. Agile methodologies are popular approaches in software development and are increasingly being used in other areas. Scrum practices include establishing cross-functional and self-managed teams, producing a working deliverable at the end of each iteration or Sprint. This certification focuses on adopting Agile or Scrum in the workplace and taking on the role of Scrum Master.
- Course Material
The Agile way of thinking is best known in the field of software development but the principles are increasingly being applied in other types of projects. Scrum is the most used Agile areas of:
- Project Management
- Software Deveopment
- IT Service Management
- Business Management
The training EXIN Agile Scrum Master at an EXIN accredited training provider is mandatory. Knowledge of Scrum terminology, for instance through the EXIN Agile Scrum Foundation exam is strongly recommended.
For any more clarification email us @ [email protected] in relation to any of the above courses