AGILE SCRUM MASTER CERTIFICATION®
PeopleCert Scrum Master I is aimed towards any professional who wishes to become an efficient member of a Scrum environment. At this qualification level, candidates will be introduced to basic concepts, terms, principles and tools used for Scrum as well as why Scrum is needed in modern enterprises, the Scrum methodology, people and culture implications as well as the practices, processes, and technology used for adapting Scrum within an organization.
This course will assist candidates to develop and demonstrate a solid knowledge and understanding of Scrum terms, principles, tools and practices, as well as demonstrate their ability to use tools efficiently and effectively. A more advanced level of skills and knowledge is covered in the next 2 levels of the PeopleCert Scrum qualification scheme (PeopleCert Scrum Master II and PeopleCert Scrum Product Owner).
Why is it important to hold a Scrum certification?
Holding a Scrum certification proves the candidate’s familiarity with Scrum practices, beyond the mere knowledge of terminology. It shows to employers that the candidate has the potential to be the person they need to cover the Scrum Master role in their teams. Whether the candidate is a Scrum beginner or a seasoned professional, a certification a significant advantage when aiming to motivate and lead teammates. The PeopleCert Scrum Master credential showcases that the candidate has the skills necessary to lead an agile team successfully.
How does Scrum work?
Based on Agile principles, it enables teams to self-organise by encouraging close collaboration between all team members and specialisms involved. Scrum challenges the assumptions of the sequential approach to product development and replaces it with an iterative process. It includes a set of meetings, tools, and roles that work in harmony to help teams structure and manage their work. The goal of this approach is to timely capture changes in customers’ needs, along with any other unpredictable challenges that may occur — for which a sequential approach is not suited. As such, Scrum uses an evidence-based framework that embraces the fact that problems cannot be fully defined upfront. Instead, it focuses on maximising the team’s ability to respond to emerging requirements, deliver value quickly, and adapt to new market conditions
- 20 years of Professional Project Management Experience
- Authorized Trainer for PMP, PRINCE2 and DevOps, Scrum, P3.express, PMI-ACP (Agile)
- Certified in P3.express, PMP, PRINCE2, PMI- ACP, Scrum, MSP, ITIL and ISO Auditing from BSI
- MBA in MIS (Management of Information systems)
- Worked in some of the Mega Projects and Programs (Google, Microsoft Data center Implementation and Mshereib Smart City) in Qatar
- CEO & Founder of PMOBytes
- Author of Overcoming Project Management problems published on Google books, Amazon, GRIN etc. in multiple languages
- The definition and purpose of Scrum
- The three pillars of Scrum: inspection, adaptation and transparency
- The five Scrum values: commitment, focus, openness, respect and courage
- The characteristics of effective Scrum Masters, product owners, and development teams
- The purposes of different events, artefacts and rules in Scrum
- How multilevel planning can help your team develop long-term goals and create more realistic strategies to achieve them
- How to identify the attributes of the product backlog and understand how it can evolve as your product and environment changes
- The techniques for managing technical debt
- The purpose and steps involved in Scrum events such as product backlog grooming, sprint planning, execution, daily Scrum, review, and retrospective
|Delivery||Online or Paper based|
|Proctoring||Physical or Online Proctoring|
|Duration||1 hour (60 minutes)|
|# of questions||40 multiple choice questions|
|Pass Grade||70% (28 out of 40)|
Course Delivery Options
|Physical Classroom||Virtual Class||Individual Virtual Class||E-learning|
|Location in Qatar||Dedicated Online Tutor||Dedicated Online Tutor||Self Paced Learning|
|16 Hours||16 Hours||16 Hours||1 year|
|-2 days session||-16 sessions||Agreed Pre-booked sessions||24/7 from Registration|
- Course Material
- Exam Voucher
- QPunch – Smart Project Management Subscription (6 Months)
- Software Engineer
- Product Manager
- Team Leader
- Business Analyst
For any more clarification email us @ [email protected] in relation to any of the above courses